Mum was coming over this weekend which means cheese and champagne. So to team with our cheese selection, I made some hummus (https://crichtonscoop.wordpress.com/2016/08/28/chicks-on-peas-hummus/) and some flat bread (https://crichtonscoop.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/flat-bottomed-bread/), and we picked up some cheeses. I rolled out the flatbread quite thin (about 1-2mm), this made about 10 small flatbreads. As they were thin, they came out quite crispy. I choose not to use olive oil when cooking them. Sometimes I do.
Some cracker things for a cheese plate:
- 2-3 cheeses – always a brie and whatever else is going- blue and manchego are tasty
- thinly sliced apple or pear
- crusty bread, pita or flat bread to go with the cheese
- one or a combination of:
- a dip(s)
- almonds or pistachios
- quince paste
- pickled chillies, onions or cucumbers
- white anchovies
- smoked salmon or ocean trout or gravlax
- cold meats
- dried apricots
The one mum and I devoured was probably good as a starter for 4, but it was our lunch so we enjoyed it as a 2 with some champagne.